Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Spicy Shrimp Varuval

This is a very simple stir fry dish. It uses very few ingredients so the flavor of the shrimp is not over-powered.


Ingredients:
Shallots – 10-15
Tomato Paste - 2 tsp
Garlic – 4-5
Chili Powder – 2 tsp
Pepper Powder – 2 tsp
Garam Masala – ½ tsp
Turmeric Powder – ½ tsp
Shrimp (Cleaned and De-veined) – 1 lb
Curry Leaves – 10
Coriander – a handful
Salt as required

Marinate the shrimp with the chili powder, pepper powder, garam masala, Turmeric and salt for about 10 minutes. Finely slice the shallots and garlic. Add oil in a tava, add curry leaves, onions and garlic. Saute until the onions turns brown. Now add the tomato paste and Saute well until it blends with the onions. Add the marinated shrimp and cook covered for about 15 minutes until the shrimp gets cooked. Uncover and fry for a few minutes until it becomes nice and dry. Garnish with chopped coriander.

2 comments:

Kalai said...

Gorgeous recipe! I love this one. :)

Anonymous said...

I want to know on how to cook this spicy shrimp because this recipe was new to me. Then I will also make my own recipe for stir fry sauce so that I can experiment and make my own recipe with shrimp. Thanks for sharing this here.