Monday, April 28, 2008

Mutton Pepper chops

Moving is always a very stressful and hard decision. Ours was by choice . I missed California and the excitement out there and hence our decision. So here I was packing and getting ready for the big move, all excited until it dawned on me how much I was going to miss this quiet and dainty little town, with its laid back life that I have grown to enjoy. I was definitely going to miss waking up to the sound of the birds and the lush greenery that surrounded me. When you initially move to a new place, you hate it, then when the days go by you start to like it and then when you finally leave , you realize that you love it . So ends my love story with Cary, NC. For now, my kitchen is swiped clean, all the things neatly packed and labelled and stored in the garage for the big move. I am left with a packet of frozen chops and just enough utensils and ingredients to make it thru for the next few days. This is probably the last dish that is cooked in my NC kitchen and the last blog for quite some time until I find another kitchen to put my culinary skills to use.




Ingredients :
1 lb Mutton Chops
2 Onions ( Chopped)
1/2 " Piece Ginger
7-8 Garlic cloves
3 Tsp Pepper Corns
2 Tomatoes
1 Tsp Jeera
Curry Leaves
Coriander
1 Potatoes Sliced
1/2 Sliced Onions
1 Sliced Tomato

Grind together pepper, jeera, ginger and garlic. In a pressure cooker, add oil and saute the onions and curry leaves until the onions become a golden brown. Add the ground masala, saute for a couple more minutes and add the chopped tomatos. When the oil starts surfacing, add the mutton chops and cook for up to 3 whistles or for about 30 minutes on medium heat. When cooked, open the cooked and let the water (if there is) dry out.

Meanwhile, slice the potatoes to 1" thick and add oil in a shallow pan and fry them golden on both
sides.

Add this to the mutton chops, add the sliced onions and tomatoes before serving. Garnish with chopped coriander.Serve hot with rice or roti.

4 comments:

Kalai said...

Looks fantastic, Sandhya!! I love mutton. :)

Saikat said...

Hi,
Saikat from BlogsJam here.
Wanted to email you, but could not locate your email address on the
blog. we have 3 cool widgets ( a slideshow widget, a tag cloud widget and a content widget
) which can help enhance site interaction and reader's experience. pl contact me at saibose@gmail.com so that i can send you the widgets for your blog.

thx-Saikat

PS: If you have multiple blogs, the widgets can help you in a traffic exchange as well.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sandhya,

I wanted to write a note to you, but since I couldn't find your email, leaving a comment.We at Wowzio have build some useful widgets, like slideshow widget, activity widget and more. For your blog, these can be seen at
http://www.wowzio.com/widgets/seewidgets?ids=13385&r=c

Again, I apologize for having to leave a comment, pl. note it is not my intent to spam you.

Thx-Alisha
alisha.wright1@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Brilliant! can't wait to try them..:)